We want to change the space of design.
Led by Denise Cherry, Liz Guerrero, and Omar Toro-Vaca, Assembly Design Studio crafts custom spaces and provides global design strategies. Our clients include Uber, Pinterest and Cisco, among others.
At Assembly, we are driven by our innate curiosity to understand our clients and community and to translate their DNA into bold, clever designs. We do it by having a scrappy, resilient, anything-is-possible attitude and by thinking beyond scale to uncover unique, creative solutions, even if doing so makes us uncomfortable. We love the big idea but even more we love understanding the craftsmanship and details that bring a project to life. We scrutinize every angle from both the outside-in and inside-out. It’s how we were assembled and how we plan to change the space of design, again.
We provide services in Branding and Graphic Design, Consulting, Environmental and Experiential Design, Interior Design, Landscape Design, and Marketing.
Work with us.
We’re always looking for talented people to join our team. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interior Designer [Intermediate]
Our ideal candidate is a collaborative, creative thinker, with a solid understanding of interior design standards and practices.
– 3-7 years experience in interior design
– Strong communication skills, both verbal and visual
– Strong Revit and AutoCAD proficiency
– Working knowledge of Adobe Suite
– Knowledge of the design process, including furniture specifications, color and materials
– Understanding of interior detailing
– Knowledge of commercial project constructability, project costs, and code requirements
– Prepare test fits, space planning, and schematic design scheme
– Develop design development presentations for client meetings and project pitches
– Develop FF&E packages – participating in the selection and documentation of furniture, fixtures, equipment, and material specifications
– Prepare construction documentation; including drawings, schedules, specifications, and custom details
– Assist in managing client expectations, team communication and consultant coordination
– Work with project consultants, furniture dealers, product representatives, and fabricators to meet overall project objectives
– Contribute to office culture, initiatives and mentorship of staff
This description outlines many of the core activities of the role but is not intended to be all-inclusive. Other daily tasks within the studio are often required. Additionally, emphasis on duties and responsibilities may shift over time dependent on the needs of the firm.